EAA 105 2022 Calendar of Events
Everyone is welcome at our chapter events. Please come see what the EAA is all about!
Cessna 120 restoration project – is ongoing and making progress. It’s open to newcomers. We work on it Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Twin Oaks Airpark EAA105 hangar G1.
Young Eagle Rallies will be held after the 2022 June, July, and August Pancake Breakfast at the Twin Oaks Airpark EAA 105 Hangar G1. Register your child (ages 9-17) online at YEday.org. Print the registration form, sign it and bring it to the event.
Chapter Meetings – the second Thursday of every month, 6:30 pm at EAA 105 Hangar (G1) at Twin Oaks Airpark. We typically have some food (small donation requested) and socialize from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. The meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. with the EAA Monthly video, followed by a special program. Programs:
- Aug 11th – Jonathon Severdia RV-9 project show & tell. This project is nearing completion, Jonathan needs some eyes on his project before certification.
- Sep 8th – presentation TBD. It could be you! Let Chris know
- Oct 13th – presentation by Pacific Coast Avionics. A local company offering instrument repair, kit panels and more.
- Nov 10th – (tentative) the Cessna 120 project – a retrospective, and future plans
We are looking for volunteers to help organize or present at future meetings. You can discuss your build project, do a presentation, invite a speaker, show a movie, or organize a field trip. Contact Chris Riedener with your idea for a chapter meeting.
Date TBD – Young Eagle Build and Fly program. We will build and learn to fly a radio control airplane. The model kit has been ordered. Bill Jepson is working on a plan.
Other local aviation events in 2022
- Aug 19th-21st Oregon Airshow (McMinnville)
- Aug 23rd/24th – Flying Legends B-17/B-25 visiting the B-17 Alliance Foundation, Salem OR (SLE)
- Aug 26th/26th – the Erickson warbirds collection Airshow of the Cascades Madras, OR (S33)
- Sep 3rd – Oregon Aviation Historical Society Oregon Homebuilt Fly-in Cottage Grove (61S)
- Sep 11th/12th – Western Antique Aeroplane and Auto Museum (WAAAM) Fly-in, Hood River, OR (4S4)
- Sep 14th to 18th – Reno Air Races – see EAA 105 forum for volunteer/discount opportunity
- Sep 25th – The Jordan Dinner Fly-in. Gillette Field (OR51) Scio, OR. Tickets on sale. Fly-in contact: Katie Ortiz (503)394-2652
All event announcements and notifications are made through the email announcement list. If you are not already on it, sign yourself up at this link!